Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Day 2: part 2 - Excitement!

Well, now I have more time to post but God just showed me something REALLY cool! I was wanting to take my power converter on the trip down to Florida because people are going to want to probably charge their laptops so we could watch movies or whatever else like charge cell phones. However, for the longest time I was unable to find my power converter. I had just got home and decided to pray that God would lead me to the power converter so I wouldn't have to waste time looking for it for a long time. Well, God showed me that I should look in the porch. I didn't want to look outside in the van or in my brothers car anyways. So, I went in the front porch, looked to the right and there it was.

I have no idea how it got there and I could not find it before, but because I prayed about it and asked God to help me find it, He pulled through! Now some of you reading this may think that it is such a small thing. Well, we are asked to pray for everything and if we cannot be faithful in little things, how are we supposed to be faithful in big things. God is showing me that he cares about even my smallest of needs.

This also reminds me of another time this year that cannot be explained any other way other than that God's had was fully in control of the situation. Earlier this school year in the fall, I had parked in the Rosza lot and had parked in a place that wasn't actually a parking spot because the lot was full of cars and I didn't have time to park up at St. Al's and get to class on time, so I just parked it there temporarily. Well, I went to class and heard from a friend that a lot of people were getting tickets lately for parking in the wrong spots, so I began to pray about the situation trusing that God's will would be done and that it would be His will to keep my car free from a parking ticket, because it would go on my dad's bill (it's registered under his name). Well, I came back to find that every single car all around me had tickets on their windows... Well, what about mine? Mine had no ticket. I couldn't believe it. I was surrounded by cars with tickets who had parked there both before and after me and everyone but me got one. Could this have been because of prayer?! You better believe it! Sometimes small things like this really excite me.

With these things in mind, I know that if we are praying about Big break as a large group and all fully submitting to God's will, then He is going to do something great down in Florida in the lives of those down there on Break as well as in the lives of us going. I'm so excited to share the gospel with others! I just need to pray for the courage as I am naturally a shy person. If I do not share the gospel, it's like telling others that I'm ok with them burning in Hell forever. That's something I need to keep in mind!

Well, I need to get working on some homework for tonight and need to sleep to finally get better from being sick, so come back more to read more later!

- Nate Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment