Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Cool Psalm

Ok, forget the numbering post idea. I'm getting sick of it.

So, I was reading my friend Lauren's Blog and she was talking about how the Psalms are really awesome and uplifting, so I figured I should read some because I haven't been reading my Bible lately and didn't really know where to start. I read a bunch of good ones but Psalm 5 was especially awesome:

Psalm 5
1 Give ear to my words, O LORD,
consider my sighing.

2 Listen to my cry for help,
my King and my God,
for to you I pray.

3 In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before you
and wait in expectation.

4 You are not a God who takes pleasure in evil;
with you the wicked cannot dwell.

5 The arrogant cannot stand in your presence;
you hate all who do wrong.

6 You destroy those who tell lies;
bloodthirsty and deceitful men
the LORD abhors.

7 But I, by your great mercy,
will come into your house;
in reverence will I bow down
toward your holy temple.

8 Lead me, O LORD, in your righteousness
because of my enemies—
make straight your way before me.

9 Not a word from their mouth can be trusted;
their heart is filled with destruction.
Their throat is an open grave;
with their tongue they speak deceit.

10 Declare them guilty, O God!
Let their intrigues be their downfall.
Banish them for their many sins,
for they have rebelled against you.

11 But let all who take refuge in you be glad;
let them ever sing for joy.
Spread your protection over them,
that those who love your name may rejoice in you.

12 For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield.


This is really encouraging when you're walking with the Lord! It's also encouragement to be walking with the Lord because being against Him is the worst possible place to be!

This has been an odd sort of day. Yesterday I had 3 exams in a row which was horrible... I wasn't a fan, but it was nice to get 3 out of 5 out of the way. I have two more exams tomorrow on Wednesday and then I'll be all done! This middle day though is just lame. I just came down to Houghton and have been sitting here in the Campus Cafe for forever. I also learned that my wireless built into my laptop does not and will not work with the new setup of "Rovernet 2.0." I couldn't figure it out and so I brought it to the Tech support people. Figures that they couldn't figure it out either. Oh well. I'll just have to get some external wireless hardware and it should be fine. That'll cost me 30 bucks that I don't have though. I might do that next year when I need it because now that it's so close to the end of the year and I won't be hanging around Tech non-stopped, then it doesn't seem so necessary.

WOW! Ok, so I just took a break to read another Psalm! I read Psalm 6 cuz it came next. I won't copy it down for you like Psalm 5, but you should totally read it. Many times when I sin, I feel so guilty afterwards and it's so hard to restore my relationship with God. That Psalm shows me the mercy of God!

Ok, Psalm 6:9-10 are just irresistable, so I'm putting them on here:
Psalm 6
9 The LORD has heard my cry for mercy;
the LORD accepts my prayer.

10 All my enemies will be ashamed and dismayed;
they will turn back in sudden disgrace.


Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. heh. Psalm's are just simply amazing. Chapter 6 verse 9 is underlined in my Bible...it's so hard to us to fathom that kind of love and acceptance, yet we're given it. God is good.

    Good luck with the rest of your finals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff - the Psalms are great.

    I'm challenging a few people to join me in a read-the-Bible-in-a-year plan, starting May 1 - are you at all interested? I found one that every day is in the OT, NT, and (Gospels or Psalms) - seems the most balanced to me: http://www.esv.org/assets/pdfs/rp.one.year.tract.pdf (let me know if you'd like to - and perhaps encourage others to as well?)

    I hope your remaining exams go well!

    ReplyDelete