Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Post 12: (I was off by one post) Slipping up on Blogging.

Hey all, I know it's been a while. I haven't been too busy to blog, I just don't have as much cool good stuff to write about lately because I haven't been reading my Bible and praying consistently as I should. My dad had an intersting spell at work today. I talked to my mom and she said he couldn't concentrate and he didn't feel like he was actually at where he was at is the best way I could describe it. Anyways, he was feeling really strange, so my mom came and picked him up and brought him to the Emergency Room. His blood pressure was really high and as of me now writing this, he's in intensive care overnight so they can run some tests and see if they can figure out what's going on. If you could pray for my dad, that would be awesome!

So I drove home today to shovel the foot of sopping sticky wet snow off of my driveway. Well actually I used the snow-blower because shoveling all that would have been a nightmare! Then I came back down to Houghton so I could help Ben move out of his house and into another. It was actually pretty fun helping out. He really appreciated it to. Then I got home at like 1:45 and wrote my World Cultures paper and now here I am typing. It's certainly been an odd day.

Since this blog is supposed to be kind of a journal for myself that can be read publicly, for the sake of myself, I'm going to write that it is definitely necessary and worth it to be reading the Bible daily and meditating on God's Word. As soon as we get away from that, life starts getting messed up. I was encouraged today by reading a chapter in I Corinthians. I ended up calling a friend and telling him to read it to and I think he did, so that was cool.

I also got my granola bar in the mail today! woot. It actually didn't taste all that good. It had chocolate, but it also had almonds and rasberry, the latter of which is decent, but almonds are not my favorite. It was really cool to eat it with Titus and Eric though cuz we all ordered them online at the same time and all decided to eat them together.

This summer I really hope to start a ministry at work. If nothing else, I plan to work hard at work which is NOT common at Daniel Heights. I figured if I worked hard and took only 15 minute breaks like we're supposed to, not only would I be doing what's right, but if people ask me why I'm being so diligent, I can tell them I'm doing it for the Lord and possibly share the gospel with them. That would be sweet. I told my friend and brother this and they both discouraged me from doing it. I couldn't believe it! However, I can sort of see their point that you shouldn't be shoving the truth down people's throats, especially when they don't want to hear it and I plan on talking to them as I'm led by the Holy Spirit and if they start complaining or something and make up stories about me and I get fired, well then it's all for the Kingdom of God and every bit of it is absolutely worth it. God will take care of me an show me another job if necessary. However, I don't think it will be much of an issue.

Well I really need to get some sleep. It's 2:40 in the morning and I gotta get up at 8:45 and Wednesdays have classes from 10 until 4 straight in a row and some things going on in the evenings, so I'm going to get to bed. If you read this soon, if you could pray for my dad and for my quiet time with God, that'd be awesome! Until then...

4 comments:

  1. I'm praying for you and your Dad. Could you pray for my grandma too? She's in the hospital with heart problems...

    And I second that: I haven't been doing very well this past week either. What has turned me around this week is I've been watching the live webcast of "The Gospel Coalition" (a conference in Chicago I wanted to go to this week but couldn't), and it's helped to renew my passion for scripture, as the entire conference is based on II Timothy. I'd been feeling pretty distant from God lately, but soaking up & pouring over this scripture has (surprise surprise) really drawn me closer to God...and yet somehow I still frequently end up falling away from regular reading & prayer - I do not understand.

    As for your ministry at work this summer, I see no reason why your brother and friend would discourage it. Scripture commands us to be diligent & honest at whatever we do, that we may win those around us with our good deeds...and Gospel words when (not if) the Spirit leads. But to hear the Spirit leading, you have to be in the Word and prayer. Perhaps we could hold each other accountable to that this summer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definitely keep you and your dad in my prayers, Nate. I hope you feel ok from that lack of sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...I'll be praying for your dad as well...keep us posted :)

    I totally get what you are saying about spending time in the Word...if I miss a day, I feel empty, my day just isn't the same!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey everyone, I don't have time to write a blog post now, but I just wanted to let everyone know that my dad is doing fine now. I don't know if they know yet what was happening but he got medication for his high blood pressure and he's back to normal, so thanks for the prayers! They're powerful!

    ReplyDelete